The Rev. George Trevelyan, a member of the family holding the Nettlecombe Court Estate opened the C. of E. or National School in 1833 for sixty pupils. In 1971 the school was designated a First School for children aged 5 to 9.
Recently, the School has become Federated with Crowcombe First School, building on a link started in the late 1980s known as the "Joint Development Plan". Both schools changed to Primary status in 2007.
Headteacher Mrs Jennifer Yates
School Office Mrs Alexis Tisshaw 01984 656311
More Information, including term dates, is available on the school website